Tuesday 12 August 2014

July Favourites

Hello everyone!

So today I decided I would do my July favourites and I know that I'm late, as it is currently the 12th of August but better late than never, eh? 

It was literally so hard to narrow things down and to not write about 20 different things (some of which were new clothes and I don't think I am brave enough yet to show myself online haha.)

So without further ado let us begin.. 

(Lancome Bi-Facil make-up remover, Lush grease lightening, Origins 'Out of Trouble' face mask, La Roche Posay effaclar duo) 

First I will begin with my Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover, I stumbled across this product when my mum actually brought me back a Lancome set which included a mascara, eyeliner and the eye makeup remover back from holidays (hence why it is in miniature form). Needless to say even though this product is small it really does pack a punch. It honestly has done the best job at removing my eye makeup and does not sting my eyes even slightly, which has always been a problem for me with eye makeup removers. This product easily took off my heavy eye makeup (including false lashes and glue) from a night out. Enough said, I will be buying this again. 

Underneath it in the photograph is a slightly worn out 'Grease Lightening' by lush and I honestly love it so much. As I am plagued with acne but also have very sensitive skin I find it difficult to find a spot treatment that does the job but also doesn't give that sharp stinging feeling that makes me question is it doing more harm than good. However, I find that grease lightening is very effective and also gives a soothing feel as it is a cool like gel which is very nice for when you have that monstrous spot on your face. Also as you can tell by the packaging that I have actually had this product for quite a while and it is still lasting well, so in my opinion it is great value at £6.25 as a little goes a very long way. 

Moving on to my origins face mask, this is also another old-ish product of mine and one of my favourite face masks. I tend to use this mask only when I am having really bad acne days, or when my skin feels extra oily, because it can be slightly drying in my opinion. After using this my skin feels so soft and fresh and honestly I can say I feel like my spots are reduced after using this mask. It is a very thick face mask and I find it slightly hard to take off since it is so thick but it is nice because it doesn't harden and flake like most face masks. 

The La Roche Posay, a real classic. I feel like everyone who has even slight acne/spot problems has used this and loved it. After a few failed attempts at using this, I thought it was hopeless and wasn't for me. It actually caused my skin to flare up in little teeny dots and stung like a b****. But soldiering through I figured what way works for me and that is too apply a very small amount on problem areas and to massage it in, I also only use it roughly 2-3 times a week and along with 'Grease lightening' and I feel like this due has worked wonders on my skin. 


Okay so I may have read this book at the end of June but that is not the point. This book. THIS. BOOK. I have no words. Okay, I actually have a lot of words, they are just jumbled up inside this head of mine. 
I wasn't really expecting too much of this book, all I was expecting was a nice, easy summer read. Boy, was I wrong. Not in the easy read, nice book aspect but in the holy crap this book is actually spectacularly brilliant and I will not be able to put it down until I can finish this story kind of book. I just can't get all my thoughts together on this. 
The link of the plot will be *here*

(this is the point were I realised I needed more than a paragraph to express my love for this book and I decided to make a full length review so if you want to read that, I am in the midst of typing it up and it shall be up VERY shortly.)

(Bourjois volumizer mascara, Laura Mercier secret camouflage in sc-02, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat)

Maybe it's just me but I seem to lose mascaras like I lose hair pins and I lose a LOT of them. So that led me to this bourjois mascara. It has two steps and the first, in my opinion, is not all that great on its own, especially if you like big lashes like myself. However, I still apply it first as a base and then follow up on the second step for extra drama. This mascara can be a little clumpy but nothing a little eyelash combing can't fix.

I actually purchased the Laura Mercier concealer ages ago but after not giving it a proper fair go, I decided I didn't like it and would remain in the safety blanket that was my mac studio finish concealer. But after being pried away from my mac concealer and my sister convincing me to give the Laura Mercier concealer another go, I was hooked. Honestly this concealer is great and the number one reason I didn't post a picture of the inside of the actual concealer is that it has actually hit the pan and looks kind of gross. I tend to only use the larger side of the concealer as the other smaller side is too dark for my skintone. But, yes this concealer has done a great job at covering my acne and I love it a whooooole lot. 

Making a reappearance on my blog is the Touche Eclat and damn I love it. It is very easily blended and leaves such a pretty natural glow, unlike the heavy (and very obvious) under-eye concealers you see at the moment. I don't have much more to say on this as it is just a pretty amazing highlighter and it looks spectacular on my pale dull skin. A+ from me!


Next we have a fashion favourite and these are my new babies. My new River Island boots. Being a shortie these boots are perfect, they have a low block heel giving you an extra boost of height but also making them very easy to walk in and trust me I cannot walk in high heels for the life of me, but I wore these shoes on a full day shopping and I didn't complain once. They are £38 and in my opinion that is pretty decent considering I will probably be wearing them 95% of the time. I have been wearing them recently with my black skinny jeans but also with skirts and tights and I feel a little more badass in them if I'm honest. So much love for these boots, if you get them you definitely won't regret it.


Bit of a random favourite but hey, I thought why not add it in! I have no words for this popcorn but to tell you it is delicious and it is seriously one of a kind. Never have I ever had a popcorn that is sweet (sort of toffee flavoured not your regular sweet) but also salty. Damn it's good. I have never actually seen it any shops but I get it in my sisters coffee shop but I'm pretty sure it's a british brand. The brand name is propercorn and I like to tell myself I'm being healthy when I'm having it as a snack (129 Calories isn't so bad, is it??) which is always a bonus, if you ask me. 

AND THAT IS IT. 

If you have gotten this far, thank you so much for reading, it means so much to me and I hope to see you soon! 

Thanks again and if you want maybe you could leave me a quick comment? Still trying to figure out how to work this website but at the moment I'm having fun just writing:-) 

Okay, see you soon! Byeeeeee!  















No comments:

Post a Comment