Tuesday 26 August 2014

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette♥︎




Ahh.. The great feeling of owning a new eyeshadow palette - and quite a beautiful one at that. 

Recently I received my GCSE results and the whole week before, I had the worst feeling - it was a mixture of fear, nerves and maybe a little bit sick. One thing that always makes me feel better is buying new makeup. (it's a problem and this sounds so cliche) It was perfect timing too because it would arrive on Thursday -the dreaded day- so I seen it as either a treat or a pick me up, plus I was going out that night and the shades in this are perfect for some smokey eyes.

After hearing so many raving reviews and watching tutorials on the natural eyes palette by too faced, I felt like I needed it.  I had my heart set on it and it is what I had intended to buy. Scrolling through the many lovely products by too faced on the house of fraser website, I longed to add them all to my basket (chocolate bar palette I am looking at you!) and finally I reached this little gem. I know it's not the natural eyes palette like I said I wanted, but the more I looked at it, the more I wanted it - I convinced myself it was better and I needed it, thoughts such as 'but it's £3 cheaper'  and 'you already have lots of brown toned eyeshadows, try something different like this one!'. (realising now how pathetic and cheap I sound - wow)

In this palette there are 9 shades in total, 3 matte shades and the rest shimmery. (thats the opposite to matte, right?) It comes with a step by step tutorial on how to create 3 looks : day, classic and fashion. I think this would be very helpful and a useful palette for someone who is starting off their makeup collection and is still unsure of what goes where etc. The shades in this palette are of the neutral spectrum with pinky tones, voulez-vous stands out to me the most as it is a very pretty purpley, blackish.. Grey? It is hard to describe but is SO pretty. I normally go for earthy tones to compliment my green eyes but I felt like going for something a little different and so far I am loving it.


All the names of the eyeshadows are so sexual, this whole palette is so cheeky! But very loveable, has anyone else tried it out?






No comments:

Post a Comment